Saturday, June 25, 2011

Screenwriter for "a little SEDATED" (2/3 of the way done)

My script (& yours if you so choose to add your touch to the 3rd Act & thus get co-writing credit) is called "a little SEDATED." It was a semifinalist two years ago in a couple of screenplay competitions in LA and I have been writing and rewriting it for a number of years while going to Grad school for a number of more years. I have a cool website set up for it which I'll happily email you the address to (we can't provide that here I don't believe).

"a little SEDATED" is a dramedy about two high school seniors, Brenda & Eddie. The former has an eating disorder and the latter is a stoner. My numero uno issue is with the eating disorder. I have written everything else, but the heroine's struggle I cannot write, in part because she is a she and I am a he and for all the research I've done on eating disorders it pales in comparison to a woman's or young girl's struggle with it.

In short, the script needs at least 20-30 more pages concerning Brenda's downward spiral into anorexia, wherein she loses a good 30 pounds and everything in the story parallels that plunge; i.e., Eddie's friend dies drunk driving, Eddie gets into harder drugs before he "crashes" and the kids learn that they have disorders and it's not that fun being sedated but maybe it's okay to be just "a little sedated."

I can't offer pay now, I'm a struggling student but you are due half of the credit and half of what's mine is yours.

Reply to: gigs-wk2xn-2454666982@craigslist.org

No comments: