Monday, August 8, 2011

Hopkinton's O'Neill pens screenplay that hooks Mark Wahlberg

'I came out of the theater and I thought, 'Wow, I want to work with the guys who made this movie,'' recalls the Hopkinton native. 'They had a ridiculous sense of humor so I put together a query letter about 'Bait and Switch' and faxed it to the production company that made 'Blades of Glory.''

That company would be Smart Entertainment. An executive there, Zac Unterman, picked up the fax and promptly threw it in the trash. 'But then he thought about it some more, picked it out of the trash and called me,' says O'Neill. 'He said, 'I think this might be a movie. Can you email me the script?' So I did. He read it that night, he called me that night and I was in his office the next morning. It was like a whirlwind.'

SEE: Dedham, Massachusetts - The Dedham Transcript

No comments: