Monday, July 9, 2012

Deadline for Pitch Summit IV Passes

Hey Michael,

Only 10 days left! July 20th!

The DEADLINE is almost here! Don’t miss the Friday, July 20 deadline to register before the remaining passes go up $30.

Register Now! http://www.inktippitchsummit.com/?page_id=5

See below for an interview with Michael Smith, who optioned his feature, "A Vulgar Display o f Power," at Summit II, and learn how to make the most of your experience.

Contents:
  • Pitch & Networking Summit Details
  • Interview with writer Michael Smith on how he found success at the Summit
 

 
At the typical pitching event, you only pitch 10 to 15 companies and that's just not enough. We're focused on getting your scripts sold, so we’re changing the writer / company ratio so you pitch an average of 40 companies in a single day and for about the same price.

InkTip guarantees a 100% refund* if you're not completely satisfied with the experience.

This will sell out, so I wanted to make sure had a chance to attend. You can go here to register:
http://www.inktippitchsummit.com/?page_id=5

Some of the 500+ companies who are Summit clients:
  • Dream Factory Entertainment | deal with Paramount
  • Little Engine Productions | deal with ABC & Fox 
  • Trancas Int. LP Films | deal with Dimension Films
  • After Dark Films | deal with Lionsgate
  • Bogner Entertainment | deal with Fremantle Media North America
Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Jerrol LeBaron
CEO, InkTip
jerrol@inktippitchsummit.com

*requests for refunds must be made within 7 days after the Summit.
 

INTERVIEW WITH WRITER MICHAEL SMITH
ON HOW HE FOUND SUCCESS AT SUMMIT II

By Chris Cookson


Screenwriter Michael Smith lives almost 3,000 miles from Los Angeles in Burlington, VT, but he made the journey across the country to attend, not one, but two InkTip Pitch & Networking Summits.  The decision was a smart choice for him as he ended up with an option on his script A Vulgar Display of Power.  He gave us some feedback on his experience and success with the Summits.

InkTip:  You attended the InkTip Pitch & Networking Summits I and II.  What genres did you pitch?

Mike:  Drama/True Crime.

InkTip:  How did you like pitching three companies at once?

Mike:  Pitching three people at once seemed forced and formal at first, but once I got the hang of it, I learned to work the table to my own advantage by treating it like a friendly gathering, letting my eyes sweep the table as I spoke without leaving anyone out.  A relaxed, confident, social attitude is key.

InkTip:  How many production companies and representatives did you pitch [at each Summit]?

Mike:  About 15 at Summit I, and about 30 at Summit II.

InkTip:  How long do you think it would have taken you to establish this many new contacts outside of the Summit?

Mike:  Considerably longer.  The opportunities to make new contacts and friends multiply exponentially when everyone is gathered at the [Pitch & Networking Summit] for the same purpose.

InkTip:  Tell me about your success at the Summit.

Mike:  My first pitch at Summit II was to director and Sundance alumnus Jason Matzner ("Dreamland"), who expressed an immediate fascination with my story's subject matter.  We rendezvoused over cocktails after pitching wrapped, and spoke at length about the story and script.  We kept in close touch and spent several months on story conferencing and note-sharing, which resulted in a detailed treatment (or "scriptment") for a new draft.  I am currently deep into this rewrite.

InkTip:  Glad to hear that the cocktail party was a productive time for you at the Summit.  What was your favorite part about attending?

Mike:  As intense and high-stress as the pitch rat race is cracked up to be, I found myself exceeding the challenge through a bracing adrenaline rush.  I attribute this to the enthusiasm I absorbed from my interactions with such a multitude of people - writers, producers, etc - with whom it was a great pleasure to socialize and share stories.  Purely on my own, I would've had neither the confidence nor the charisma to go full throttle like I did.

InkTip:  Wow!  That is so great the positive energy of the Summit helped fuel your success!  Do you have any advice for other writers on how to get the most out of the Summit?

Mike:  Don't be a stranger. Talk to everyone and make as many friends as possible.

InkTip:  Is there anything else that you'd like to say about the Summit, InkTip, and your experience with our company?

Mike:  Due to commitments with my current writing project and other work, I've had to sit out Summit III and take a break from writing anything new, but I greatly look forward to reestablishing my presence on the site with fresh material, and to eventually returning for more pitches.  InkTip has proved a fantastic networking resource for me so far, and I intend to take it even further in the future.

InkTip:  Mike, thanks for sharing your experience with us and future Pitch Summit attendees.  We wish you the best of luck with your current deal and hope to hear from you soon!

 
Opt Out

If you do not wish to receive these, please let us know, or go here: < span style="font-family: Arial">http://www.inktippitchsummit.com/?page_id=1128
Or contact PO Box 12418, La Crescenta, CA 91224

postmaster@empirecontact.com
B1062667662(@YY&W

 

No comments: